(Difference between revisions)
Revision as of 03:54, 30 September 2010
|Early Adopter Program Details
What is PandaBoard ?
- PandaBoard is a open OMAP4 mobile development platform. PandaBoard is supported via the community at Pandaboard.org. PandaBoard will be sold via distribution channels.
What is the PandaBoard Early Adopter Program (PEAP) ?
- PEAP is the fastest way you can get access to a PandaBoard. It is intended to build a range of opensource community projects before the boards ship out to general public.
Who can participate?
- It's open to all.
What is the selection Criteria?
- A group of Community members will be identified as Judges to review the proposals. The judges will choose the early adopters and the criteria for selection will include but not limited to :
- * Project's coolness factor
- * Ability of the submitter to execute the project based on his/her background
- * Perceived community need for the project's solution
- * Potential for the project to leverage the power of OMAP4 & features of PandaBoard platform
What after winning a board?
- You will be contacted for providing details of shipping address. We expect you to register the project details on pandaboard.org once the board arrives and start working on the project. The PandaBoard is all yours to keep & execute the project.
- Approximately, 2 months down the road you will receive a survey to provide feedback on PEAP & status, challenges of your project. The summary of the findings will anonymously made available to wider PandaBoard community.
Should the solution be open?
- Yes, we require you to start & publish your work in public domain using any OSI approved license.
Great, what are the timelines?
- PEAP will run in 2 Phases.
- Phase 1:
- Last date to submit proposals: Oct 9, 2010
- Judges select TOP 5 projects: Oct 11, 2010
- Boards ship to winning project proposals: Oct 12-15, 2010
- Phase 2:
- Last date to submit proposal: Oct 22, 2010
- Judges select TOP 10 projects: Oct 25, 2010
- Boards ship to winning project proposals: Oct 26-29, 2010
What if my proposal is not selected in Phase I should I resubmit it?
- No. Projects not selected in Phase I will automatically be considered during Phase II.
Still need more information?
- Submit your questions and concerns to email@example.com. We will try to answer any and all questions within 48-hours.
Submit your project ideas at: PEAP Projects Page
- PandaBoard Top View
- PandaBoard Setup Guide
- PandaBoard Block Diagram