|IMPORTANT: The content of this page is outdated. If you have checked or updated this page and found the content to be suitable, please remove this notice.|
EVEN MORE IMPORTANT: See Troubleshooting for up-to-date information and binaries. Information below is outdated.
|Setting up your Validation Environment on your OMAP Platform|
|Overview||Step 1||Step 2||Step 3||Step 4||Step 5||Step 6||Step 7||Step 8|
- What is a minimal-FS Environment
Our minimal environment is based on the Angstrom Distribution. This environment is currently used to test pandaboard + all future community platforms. We have combined some basic tools that should help in board bring up test cases. There is no UI/GUI available for this file system. The environment is command driven only.
Support Platforms: PandaBoard
 Installing our Validation Environment
- Download Environment - First get the minimal-FS binaries
- SD Configuration - Configure a SD Card
- Copy binaries to SD Card - Copy the downloaded binaries to the SD Card
- Platform Configuration - Hookup the OMAP platform you have
- Setup a serial terminal - Boot up the minimal-FS and configure a terminal to view output
- Booting Environment - Boot up options
- Environment Tests -- Tools used to test you HW platform environment
- What's Next -- Review current status of the kernel, awaiting patches, tree information, and much more...