PandaBoard Prebuilt Ubuntu binaries
|IMPORTANT NOTICE: The instructions given here are basically a more verbose version of the installation instructions found at the Ubuntu ARM and especially Ubuntu ARM/OMAP pages. In case of deviations, the instructions there should be given precedence because they are generally more up-to-date.|
|How to get started with Ubuntu using pre-built binaries on your OMAP Platform|
|Overview||Step 1||Step 2||Step 3||Step 4||Step 5||Step 6||Step 7||Step 8|
- Step 1
 Prebuilt binaries for Desktop and Server images
Download the pre-built binaries of Ubuntu for PandaBoard. For the latest & greatest you can download the daily build environment.
Time to Download: 20mins-1hour (depending on your network speed)
Download release images
- Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin desktop
- Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin server
- Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot desktop
- Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot server
- Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwal Netbook
- Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwal Headless
- Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat
- Ubuntu daily images for desktop are available at: http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-preinstalled/current/
- Ubuntu daily images for server are available at: http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-server/daily-preinstalled/
- The daily builds may be considered unstable. Users looking to boot and test a working environment are encourage to use the links listed in the table.
 Ubuntu core
What is Ubuntu Core ?
Ubuntu Core is a minimal rootfs for use in the creation of custom images for specific needs. Ubuntu Core strives to create a suitable minimal environment for use in Board Support Packages, constrained or integrated environments, or as the basis for application demonstration images.
Ubuntu Core delivers a functional user-space environment, with full support for installation of additional software from the Ubuntu repositories, through the use of the apt-get command.
Ubutun Core images are compatible with the use of TI OMAP PPA and adds-on.
For more information, please read Ubutun core wiki.
Download Ubuntu core
Ubuntu core was introduced in 11.10.
Daily Ubuntu Core images are available here: 
Setting up Ubuntu Core on OMAP
Please refer to OMAP Ubuntu Core for additional information on how to use Ubuntu Core on PandaBoard or any other OMAP boards.